Saturday, May 22, 2010



Kaylie had an absolutely fantastic time at the prom. After months of planning and tanning and "Mom, I need more money!," it is finally over. Mom and I were wondering if the prom would be a let down after all that planning, but Kaylie said no, it was definitely worth it. I am so glad!
It certainly was not such an extravagent thing when I was in school. Ten of them went in on a Rolls Royce limo to the tune of $650.00, thus costing each of them $65.00. Tanning 2-3 times a week for about three months before the prom, and daily the week of the prom...I guess if you have a light colored dress, you don't want to look like a pasty-face! I understand that part...The dress and shoes were, well I won't tell you what that cost, but let me just say that I could have had a new wardrobe for what she paid for it! We had to go jewelry shopping, that part was fun. We had a blast checking out all the different things she could have gotten to go along with that gorgeous dress. We had to go looking for a clutch for her to carry her things in. Nothing was what she wanted, so I don't even think she had one. The day of the prom, Kaylie and her friend went to get manicures, pedicures and of course we have to have our eyebrows waxed! That was another $83.00, and then off to the hair salon, where the makeup application was $25 and the up-do was another $50. Dinner at Delmonico's, I have no idea how much that cost, but she said it was good. I also have to add that Mom and Chuck gave Kaylie money multiple times too, when she needed things and was at their house. Thanks Mom and Chuck!! I love you guys!
Kaylie got out of the limo first I was absolutely blown away when my beautiful daughter stepped out of that limo. The picture above of her standing alone is the moment she got out of the limo. Every penny spent was so worth it by the look on her face. I would have spent ten times what I spent just to see the look of self confidence and "I know I look good!" on her face. She was absolutely breath-taking! All the parents that were there, gasped and were saying how beautiful she looked. I was a proud Momma!
Pictures were taken at Chapman Park out in Lakeport, on the pier. Great idea. The lake was a great background. The kids had a blast getting their pictures done. After all the pictures had been taken, it was time to head back up to the limo (which had a red carpet rolled out every time they got in or out) and get on their way for the biggest night of their lives, thus far.

So, off to Delmonico's and then to arrive fashionably late to the prom. Afterwards, they all camped out in tents at one of the kids house. She told me today that there were about forty kids camped out there. The parents were present and took all keys, and blocked all the cars in the driveway. Thankfully, they were not naive, and know that kids are going to be kids. Good thinking on their part!

First thing this morning, she was at Walmart, getting her pictures developed, and also had a CD made for me. (Mom, I will send it home with her so you can download it too.)

So, that is the prom story!



2 comments:

  1. Do you remember Jennie's prom story? Jennie wanted a dress for the prom, and like Kaylie, she was dreaming about it months in advance. So for Christmas, Chuck and I gave her a gift certificate for Deb, which is where all the teengers went to get their clothes. I don't think they're around any more, at least not here. Well, long story short, Kelsey, our puppy at the time, chewed up Jennie's gift certificate. Jennie was so upset. Rightfully so, I might add. So Chuck and I took the chewed up paper form down to Deb's and showed them what our puppy had done. They gave us a new certificate, plus an extra 10% added on because they loved our story and they felt so sorry for Jennie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Deb still exists- Meg loves to shop there- although she likes the stoe in Massena, but not the one in Watertown!

    ReplyDelete