Saturday, May 8, 2010

Cold, Dark Saturday Morning.


Good Morning! It is a cold, damp morning today. The weather forecast is calling for possible snow tomorrow. Tomorrow is Mother's Day.
Plans for today include visiting my grandmother. Have to stop and get her a Mother's Day present, on the way. Getting my annual mammogram, grocery shopping for Poppy, and making dinner tonight.

My husband Bill, daughter Kaylie and son Kevin are here this morning. Billy and Kevin are watching the morning news and Kaylie is still sleeping. Kevin is chattering on about the big fishing derby in town today. He is very excited to go to it. Last year, he caught a 15 inch trout, so he is hoping that this year he will get the same size or even bigger! My other son Jayson is off on a jaunt this weekend with Billy's brother - and sister-in law, Lee and Toni, to go on a four-wheeling trip with his cousin Aric. He just texted me "Good Morning Mom." He says it is the same weather up where they are. I think he is in Hastings, or somewhere close to there.

I am hoping to get into this blog-thing and share some of my life with you. Frequently, I read my mother's and her brother Leo's blogs. I walk away from them with knowledge of their lives that I wouldn't have had if they had not taken the time to sit down and type them in. I feel like I find out things about my family that are very interesting. Maybe someday, my kids can share my blogs with their kids-Wow, that would mean I would have grandkids! Double Wow! Hopefully, that is not for a long time to come!

Kaylie is getting excited about her prom. It is two weeks from last night. The limo is paid for, the dress is bought and hanging in a bag in her room, the shoes, jewelry, and whatnot are here. The hair appointment is made....They will be dining at the Scotch and Sirloin before the prom, attending the prom and then she doesn't know what they are doing after, (YET!!) I made arrangements at work to get out a little earlier than normal that day, so I can go and see my pretty in her dress, and take pictures. There are ten of them going together in the limo, and it is a Roll's Royce limo with a "disco" theme to it. There are strobe lights and a full bar,(which will be filled with soda...)

That's all for now. Have to jump in the shower to get ready for the mammo...
Hope you all have a wonderful day!
Jo

1 comment: